Commitment Competition PURPOSE
Each year at the end of the season, we recognize one of our golfers with “The Hardest Worker” and / or "Most Improved" award. We take into consideration a player's actions, attitude, commitment, and progress made during the season when selecting this award's recipient. In recent years we've included a systematic approach to monitoring commitment during the off-season. This point system is designed to monitor players’ efforts in the off-season.
Players will be responsible for monitoring and documenting their own points and it will largely be up to the player’s integrity to correctly and honestly record their points. Each player has been assigned a team. Each team's goal is to average the highest number of commitment points. Please refer to the chart below to show how points will be rewarded:
Rules & Expectations
- Any activity must be submitted within a week of completion otherwise it will not be counted.
- The maximum amount of points a player can earn for "2 Hour Workouts" is 50 points.
- A player's points will not exceed 50 points higher than the next highest leading point earner in his group. For example, If Player A has 5 points, Player B has 10 points, and Player C has 100 points, then Player C's total points will only count for 60 points since he can only earn 50 points higher than Player B. When Player B earns more points, then more points will also be added to Player C's total.
- It is an expectation that every player earns 100 commitment points prior to the first day of golf tryouts on Monday, August 9th and plays in at least two summer tournaments.
- The squad with the highest points average will earn an award (team pullover) as long as ALL group members in the winning squad have met Expectation #4.
- Any exaggeration or false submission of points by any individual will result in a disqualification for the entire squad.